Real estate painting Brisbane - Exterior House Painting Problems and its solution
There are a number of things that can affect the beauty of the paint film on the exterior of your property. Your house takes a lot of abuse from the elements – from the sun to rain and multiple climate change.
Peeling out of the paint
Long term exposure to any of these climate conditions can lead to paint failure, but knowing how to identify the cause of the problem will allow you to solve it the proper way so you can keep your home looking beautiful and protect your property wisely.
In this blog, we’re going to highlight a few of the more commonly seen real estate painting problems and discuss the best ways to fix those issues.
- New coats of paint will only stick as well as the old coats of paint they’ve been applied over. Probably the most common reason we see peeling is due to insufficient scraping of the old coatings before
applying new coatings of paint.
- If the most recent paint coating was applied directly over a bare platform or an extremely glossy surface it can cause a loss of adhesion between the paint and the surface to where it’s being applied to.
Blistering the paint
- Pressure-wash to clean the surface and remove any loose or peeling off the paint. Scrape any remaining peeling areas and feather the edges with the help of sandpaper or an electric sander.
- Make sure that there are no leaks in the gutters or upon the roof as that the surface is clean and dry properly and else you can take the help of real estate painting Brisbane like services.
- The main cause of this problem is the exposure of the paint coating to dew, high humidity, or rain shortly after drying.
- Painting over top of the surface especially exterior house painting must get rid of contaminants such as dirt, grease, etc so, which can cause a loss of adhesion and cause this symptom cure.
Alligatoring upon the wall
- Hand scrapes the blistered areas to remove any paint that is not well-adhered upon the surface.
- Avoid the temptation of painting late into the evening when the dew will soon be settling in, or too close to the time when rain is expected which is better to be supervised by painting company gold coast.
- This is a condition that is specific to oil-based paint although the use of this kind of paint is not as common these days, at one time it was widely used all over.
- Remove as much of the old oil-based coating as possible by whichever method you prefer as per your budget. so, Be careful when you are planning to apply latex over oil as adhesion of the new to the old can
sometimes create a major issue.